PA Nordic Challenge 2021 #PANordic2021
For the 2020-2021 ski season, the PACCSA Board propose the PA Nordic Challenge, which will take place from Jan 1 to Feb 28.
The PA Nordic Challenge is to complete a number of ski-based activities as described below,
making a training log entry for each one. Upon successful completion of the challenge,
PACCSA members will be rewarded with an embroidered patch.
There will also be some special prizes for various categories, to be announced.
Thanks to 3ROC, Cycle Sport and Ski and Thick Bikes for donating challenge swag!
- Renew your PACCSA membership.
- Contact us to register for the challenge, before February, and look for an email in reply.
- Perform 8 or more separate training sessions of qualifying activities, each 30 minutes or more.
- Follow the directions provided by email to make a training log entry for each qualifying workout.
- Provide a photo to go with each training log entry, as evidence. You do not need to be in the photo.
- The qualifying activities are: nordic skiing, rollerskiing, CAT skiing, nordic track, ski-erg, and walking or running with poles.
- You do not have to do all of these.
- Only those performed within the challenge period, Jan 1 to Feb 28, will count towards the challenge.
- You can log as many workouts as you like, but only 2 per week will count towards the challenge.
- Optional: log extra workouts before or after the challenge period, just for fun.
- Optional: post your photos on social media, with hashtag #PANordic2021
- Upon completion of the challenge, contact us again, tell us your age and mailing address.
- Celebrate when your patch arrives!
The aim of the challenge is to keep us all focused on keeping active and either cross-country skiing or doing something like it throughout the season, and to have fun. The photos could be of anything associated with the day's training, provided they are suitable for public viewing. They will be displayed on the website for motivation and inspiration (see below). We will have some kind of weekly leaderboard showing the top few people in various categories (most likely km or hours) but the details from the training log will not be visible on the website - the only information displayed with the photos is the caption, and that's optional.