PACCSA members receive the newsletter 'The PA Nordic Skier' and the following discounts:
- $5 off day trail fee at White Grass
- 20% off day trail fee at Wilderness Lodge
- 10% off at Cycle Sport and Ski in Greensburg
- 10% off at Findley Lake Sporting Goods in Findley Lake, NY
- 10% off at Ski Den Sports in Johnstown
- 10% off skis, ski and bike accessories (ask for PACCSA price on bikes) at Top Gear Bicycle Shop in Wexford
- 15% off brunch or dinner (excluding alcohol) at Green Gables Restaurant near Jennerstown (convenient for Laurel Mt)
- 15% off accommodation at Huddleson Court near Jennerstown (convenient for Laurel Mt)
- group rate ski rental ($14 per day) at Thrifty Ski Rental in Donegal (convenient for Kooser and I-76)
The intangible benefits of membership are even more - belonging to the local ski community, finding an opportunity to give back to your sport and even your State Parks by participating in trailwork and outreach, and the knowledge that your membership fee has been used to support these activities.
PACCSA has been a PA non-profit since 2004 and gained 501(c)(3) status in 2012, thanks to the hard work of Board member Jim South. Donations to PACCSA are now IRS tax-deductible items. In 2012 the red and orange trails at Laurel Ridge State Park were extended using PACCSA funds and a PA state grant to DCNR, PACCSA and Fay-Penn. In 2011 the purple trail at Laurel Ridge State Park was created by PACCSA, Yellowjackets and DCNR. More recently, grooming equipment has been purchased for Laurel Mountain.
To join PACCSA, either complete the online form (below) to use a credit/debit card or Paypal, or mail a completed membership form to us with your payment. Dues are $6 (single) or $9 (family). Membership cards are sent out at regular intervals but if you need yours urgently, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Rick Garstka, Treasurer, 309 W. Marion St, Munhall, PA 15120-2751.
There are many opportunities to get involved, from trail maintenance to race marshalling and serving on the Board. PACCSA members do trail maintenance at Laurel Ridge and Laurel Mountain, working with DCNR and LMVG, and also at Wilderness Lodge. Contact us and let us know how you would like to help.
Other ways to benefit PACCSA
PACCSA is one of the charities that can receive a small amount of the proceeds from your online shopping at